Ten of the fastest-growing Hungarian export products posted a triple digit gain from 2010 to 2014. The top gainers represent a diverse range of products, from sophistical aircraft to perfumes and cosmetics.
Overall, Hungarian exports rose 17% over the 5-year period.
Please note that this analysis is at the 2-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, which is better for looking at trends as opposed to uncovering opportunities at the more micro 8-digit code level.
Fastest-Growing Hungarian Export Products
Listed below in descending order are the fastest-growing Hungarian export products. Shown is the percentage increase in a product category’s exports from 2010 to 2014.
- Aircraft, spacecraft: Up by 1,077% since 2010 ($105,668,000)
- Other manufactured products: Up by 1,042% ($592,154,000)
- Gums, resins: Up by 493.0% ($8,551,000)
- Clocks and watches: Up by 343.2% ($20,852,000)
- Photo/cinematographic goods: Up by 223.4% ($42,313,000)
- Perfumes, cosmetics: Up by 190.9% ($731,795,000)
- Tobacco: Up by 189.6% ($208,248,000)
- Knitted or crocheted fabric: Up by 106.5% ($76,517,000)
- Ships, boats: Up by 105.4% ($10,733,000)
- Animal/vegetable fats and oils: Up by 104.8% ($620,661,000)
Aircraft parts were the major factors behind Hungary’s fastest-growing export product category.
Sales of sanitary pads and baby napkin liners were the top gainers for the second-place other manufactured products category.
Pectic substances and vegetable saps led gums and resins to its third-place finish.
Pocket watches, wrist-watches and straps had the top sales increases for Hungary’s exported clocks and watches.
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Exports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on April 3, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on April 3, 2015