Ten of the fastest-growing Kazakhstani export products posted formidable gains of at least 1,200% from 2010 to 2014.
Overall, Kazakhstani exports rose 36.7% over the 5-year period.
Please note that this analysis is at the 2-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, which is better for looking at trends as opposed to uncovering opportunities at the more micro 8-digit code level.
Fastest-Growing Kazakhstani Export Products
Listed below in descending order are the fastest-growing Kazakhstani export products. Shown within parentheses is the percentage increase in a product category’s exports from 2010 to 2014.
- Ships, boats: Up by 23,196% since 2010 ($262,082,000)
- Tin: Up by 21,000% ($211,000)
- Photo/cinematographic goods: Up by 16,550% ($333,000)
- Other manufactured products: Up by 7,956% ($17,562,000)
- Live trees and plants: Up by 3,720% ($2,521,000)
- Footwear: Up by 2,533% ($21,777,000)
- Toys, games: Up by 2,127% ($4,832,000)
- Leather, animal gut articles: Up by 2,068% ($9,560,000)
- Umbrellas, walking-sticks: Up by 1,671% ($549,000)
- Furskins and artificial fur: Up by 1,203% ($1,968,000)
Floating or submersible drilling or production platforms were the major factors behind Kazakhstan’s fastest-growing export product category.
Sales of exported unwrought tin were the top gainers for the second-place category.
Photographic chemicals led photo/cinematographic goods to its third-place finish.
Sanitary pads and napkin liners for babies had the top sales increases for Kazakhstan’s other manufactured products.
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Exports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on April 3, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on April 3, 2015