All ten of the fastest-growing Slovakian export products posted triple-digit gains of at least 180% from 2010 to 2014. Many of those top gainers were raw materials.
Overall, Slovakian exports rose 35.2% over the 5-year period.
Please note that this analysis is at the 2-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, which is better for looking at trends as opposed to uncovering opportunities at the more micro 8-digit code level.
Fastest-Growing Slovakian Export Products
Listed below in descending order are the fastest-growing Slovakian export products. Shown within parentheses is the percentage increase in a product category’s exports from 2010 to 2014.
- Lead: Up by 660.5% (US$23,865,000)
- Nickel: Up by 438.5% ($94,150,000)
- Feathers, artificial flowers, hair: Up by 398.8% ($5,711,000)
- Silk: Up by 341.7% ($1,643,000)
- Wool: Up by 274.1% ($70,823,000)
- Fish: Up by 223.2% ($22,330,000)
- Clocks and watches: Up by 211.9% ($36,670,000)
- Other manufactured products: Up by 188.0% ($386,144,000)
- Perfumes, cosmetics: Up by 183.2% ($639,864,000)
- Manmade staple fibers: Up by 180.4% ($139,201,000)
Unwrought lead and lead waste were the major factors behind Slovakia’s fastest-growing export product category.
Sales of unwrought nickel and miscellaneous nickel articles were the top gainers for the second-place exported nickel category.
Slovakian wigs and artificial flowers led feathers, artificial flowers and hair products to their third-place finish.
Woven fabrics of silk or of silk waste and silk yarn had the top sales increases for Slovakia’s exported silk.
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Exports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on March 25, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on March 25, 2015