The average increase for all Swedish export products was 3.7%.
Please note that this analysis is at the 2-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, which is better for looking at trends as opposed to uncovering more targeted opportunities at the 6, 8 or 10-digit code level.
Fastest-Growing Swedish Export Products
Listed below in descending order are the fastest-growing export products from Sweden. Shown within parentheses is the percentage increase in a product category’s exports for the 5-year period ending in 2014.
- Other manufactured products: US$696,790,000 (up 332.3% since 2010)
- Cork: $3,478,000 (up 216.2%)
- Tobacco: $241,004,000 (up 211.6%)
- Clocks and watches: $123,009,000 (up 146.8%)
- Umbrellas, walking-sticks: $6,866,000 (up 94.9%)
- Cereals: $429,932,000 (up 86.9%)
- Collector items, art, antiques: $65,709,000 (up 80.8%)
- Milling products: $103,026,000 (up 77.0%)
- Live animals: $33,521,000 (up 74.3%)
- Textile floor coverings: $104,865,000 (up 64.4%)
Sales of imported sanitary pads and baby napkin liners led other manufactured products to its number one position as the fastest-growing Swedish product export category.
Swedish exporters also posted accelerating international sales for natural cork as well as pipe, chewing and snuff tobaccos.
Wrist watches were the largest component of increasing export sales for the clocks and watches category.
See also Sweden’s Top Import Partners, Sweden’s Top 10 Exports and Highest Value Swedish Export Products
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Exports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on July 27, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on July 27, 2015