Most of Hong Kong’s fastest-growing import partners are located in Africa and Asia, with Iraq in the Middle East and South America’s Colombia among the notable exceptions.
Hong Kong’s Fastest-Growing Import Partners
Listed below in descending order below are the fastest-growing import countries for Hong Kong’s exported products. These nations boosted imports from Hong Kong by the greatest percentages over the five-year period ending in 2014.
- Mozambique: Up 1,016% since 2010 (US$76,800,000)
- Iraq: Up 826.4% ($57,717,000)
- Azerbaijan: Up 796.2% ($98,208,000)
- Algeria: Up 706.5% ($181,435,000)
- Papua New Guinea: Up 478.2% ($101,147,000)
- Nepal: Up 474.2% ($200,685,000)
- Zambia: Up 442.3% ($56,337,000)
- Angola: Up 394.4% ($155,391,000)
- Uganda: Up 362.3% ($62,460,000)
- Tanzania: Up 293.4% ($95,974,000)
- Colombia: Up 273.3% ($682,488,000)
- Guatemala: Up 237.0% ($229,772,000)
- Myanmar: Up 200.5% ($160,954,000)
- El Salvador: Up 196.2% ($88,282,000)
- Kazakhstan: Up 189.4% ($108,159,000)
Line telephone equipment led the fastest-growing Hong Kong products delivered to Mozambique, Iraq and Algeria. Mobile phones and large turbojets experienced accelerating sales from Hong Kong to Azerbaijan.
Besides line telephone equipment, tugboats and pusher craft were among the top export gainers for Hong Kong shipments to Papua New Guinea.
See also International Sales Opportunities for Exports to Hong Kong, Hong Kong’s Top Import Partners and Highest Value Hong Kong Export Products
International Monetary Fund, World Economic Outlook Database (GDP based on Purchasing Power Parity). Accessed on August 5, 2015
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Imports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on August 5, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on August 5, 2015