Overall, exports originating from Sweden were up 3.7% from 2010 but were down 1.9% since 2013.
Sweden’s Fastest-Growing Import Partners
Listed below in descending order below are the fastest-growing import countries for Sweden’s exported products. These nations boosted imports from Sweden by the greatest percentages over the five-year period ending in 2014.
- Togo: US$120,744,000 (up 1,350% since 2010)
- Bolivia: $133,648,000 (up 346.6%)
- Malta: $141,735,000 (up 221.4%)
- Iraq: $328,210,000 (up 186.6%)
- Bahrain: $72,733,000 (up 128.3%)
- United Arab Emirates: $1,027,409,000 (up 107%)
- Qatar: $327,909,000 (up 92.8%)
- Zambia: $68,734,000 (up 82.5%)
- Ecuador: $42,337,000 (up 74.2%)
- Uruguay: $46,704,000 (up 63%)
Processed petroleum oils and machinery represent the fastest-growing Swedish exports delivered to Togo.
From Swedish to Malta, shipments of electronic equipment accelerated at the quickest pace.
The top-improving export from Sweden to Malta were processed petroleum oils while Swedish-made automobiles led exports sales increases to Iraq.
See also Sweden’s Top 10 Imports, Sweden’s Top Import Partners and Highest Value Swedish Export Products
International Monetary Fund, World Economic Outlook Database (GDP based on Purchasing Power Parity). Accessed on July 26, 2015
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Imports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on July 26, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on July 26, 2015