Please note that this analysis is at the 2-digit Harmonized Tariff System code level, which is better for looking at trends as opposed to uncovering opportunities at the 8-digit code level.
Fastest-Growing German Export Products
Listed below in descending order are the fastest-growing German export products. Shown within parentheses is the percentage increase in a product category’s exports from 2010 to 2014.
- Other manufactured products: Up by 88.8% since 2010 ($4,827,501,000)
- Oil: Up by 78.2% ($47,444,587,000)
- Other base metals: Up by 63.8% ($1,831,052,000)
- Clocks and watches: Up by 55.8% ($2,550,491,000)
- Aircraft, spacecraft: Up by 54.5% ($47,402,455,000)
- Manmade staple fibers: Up by 51.2% ($2,573,842,000)
- Milling products: Up by 46.7% ($1,785,178,000)
- Food waste, animal fodder: Up by 45.5% ($5,106,144,000)
- Footwear: Up by 44.1% ($5,679,463,000)
- Live animals: Up by 42.5% ($2,091,333,000)
Sanitary pads and diaper liners were major drivers behind Germany’s fastest-growing export product category, other manufactured products.
Sales of processed petroleum were the top gainers for the second-place oil category.
Cerments, zirconium, titanium and tungsten led the other base metals category to its third-place finish.
Wrist watches had the top sales increases for Germany’s exported clocks and watches.
See also Fastest-Growing German Exports, Germany’s Top Import Partners, and Highest Value German Export Products
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Exports, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on March 19, 2015
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on March 19, 2015