Perhaps the most distinctive entry among Pakistan’s highest value exports was sports equipment. The most valuable Pakistani exports also include rice, refined petroleum oils and ethyl alcohol.
The following list shows on which product categories Pakistani exporters generated the most revenue. Unlike most information currently available on the web, the items below are detailed at the 4-digit tariff code level.
This level of granularity can help entrepreneurs identify more precisely which products for which Pakistan enjoys strong demand and competitive advantages compared with other nations. Innovation can transform these insights into lucrative business opportunities.
For the most recent four-digit HTS code data, please see the Searchable List of Pakistan’s Most Valuable Exports Products section in the Pakistan’s Top 10 Exports article. For a link to that article, see the See also paragraph above Research Sources below.
Highest Value Pakistani Export Products
Below are the 20 highest value export products delivered to Pakistan’s international customers in 2017. Shown within brackets is the change in value for each exported product since 2016.
- Linens: US$3.1 billion (up 5% since 2016)
- Men’s suits, trousers (not knit or crochet): $2 billion (up 33.9%)
- Rice: $1.7 billion (up 2.4%)
- Yarn (85%+ cotton): $1.2 billion (up 2.6%)
- Woven fabrics (85%+ cotton): $940.9 million (up 0.5%)
- Leather clothing, accessories: $587.2 million (down -2.1%)
- Woven cotton fabrics: $557 million (down -4.8%)
- Men’s shirts (knit or crochet): $501.4 million (up 3.6%)
- Men’s suits,trousers (knit or crochet): $470.3 million (up 7.2%)
- Miscellaneous articles, dress patterns: $442.1 million (up 4.1%)
- Ethyl alcohol: $381.2 million (up 53%)
- Electro-medical equip (e.g. xrays): $365 million (up 5.3%)
- Woven fabrics (under 85% cotton): $360.9 million (down -7.8%)
- Sugar (cane or beet): $344.6 million (up 171.8%)
- Stockings, hosiery (knit or crochet): $325.5 million (up 5%)
- Women’s clothing (not knit or crochet): $307.7 million (down -48.1%)
- T-shirts, vests (knit or crochet): $304.2 million (down -0.2%)
- Whole fish (frozen): $267.4 million (up 34.4%)
- Jerseys, pullovers (knit or crochet): $237.1 million (up 26.3%)
- Hydraulic cements: $210.4 million (down -28.9%)
Among these product categories, sugar posted the greatest increase in export sales for Pakistan via its 171.8% gain from 2016 to 2017.
Pakistani exports of ethyl alcohol went up by 53%.
In third place was exported frozen whole fish which increased in value by 34.4% followed by unknitted and non-crocheted men’s suits and trousers which appreciated 33.9% year over year.
Pakistani exports of unknitted and non-crocheted women’s clothing (down -48.1%) and hydraulic cements (down by -28.9%) posted the greatest declines among its top product categories.
Encompassing all product categories, Pakistani exports increased in value by an overall 6.5% year over year.
See also Pakistan’s Top 10 Exports, Pakistan’s Top 10 Imports and Pakistan’s Top Trading Partners
International Monetary Fund, World Economic Outlook Database (GDP based on Purchasing Power Parity). Accessed on May 16, 2018
The World Factbook, Field Listing: Exports and World Population, Central Intelligence Agency. Accessed on May 16, 2018
Trade Map, International Trade Centre, www.intracen.org/marketanalysis. Accessed on May 16, 2018