Overall, the value of exported industrial robots were up by an average 0.9% for all industrial robot exporting countries since 2011 when international robotics shipments were valued at $4.1 billion.
The 6-digit Harmonized Tariff System code prefix for industrial robots used for multiple purposes is 847950.
Top Industrial Robots Exporters
Below are the 15 countries that exported the highest dollar value worth of industrial robots during 2015:
- Japan: US$1.4 billion (34.5% of total industrial robots exports)
- Germany: $590.9 million (14.2%)
- Italy: $326.1 million (7.8%)
- South Korea: $235.6 million (5.7%)
- France: $209.4 million (5%)
- United States: $180.1 million (4.3%)
- Sweden: $158.8 million (3.8%)
- China: $144.4 million (3.5%)
- Austria: $143.1 million (3.4%)
- Taiwan: $79.8 million (1.9%)
- Canada: $61.2 million (1.5%)
- Switzerland: $57.7 million (1.4%)
- Netherlands: $56.4 million (1.4%)
- Denmark: $52.6 million (1.3%)
- Spain: $51.8 million (1.2%)
Among the above countries, the fastest-growing industrial robots exporters since 2011 were: Italy (up 99.8%), Canada (up 47.4%), Denmark (up 41.7%) and South Korea (up 12.6%).
Leading the decliners were Switzerland (down -32.1%), Sweden (down -20.6%) and United States (down -18.6%).
The listed 15 countries shipped 90.8% of all industrial robots exports in 2015.
Top Robotics Exporting Companies
According to global trade intelligence firm Zepol, 5 multinational suppliers lead international export sales of robotics:
- Kawasaki Heaving Industries (Japan)
- Abb Engineering Shanghai (China)
- Fanuc (Japan)
- Engel Austria (Austria)
- Yushin Precision Equipment (Japan)
See also Top Surveying Equipment Exporters by Country, Heart Pacemaker Export Sales by Country, Top Artificial Joints Exporters by Country and Hearing Aids Importers by Country
Trade Map, International Trade Centre. Accessed on August 14, 2015
Zepol’s company summary highlights by HTS code. Accessed on August 14, 2015